Steelers release their first depth chart of the 2023 season
The Pittsburgh Steelers have released their first depth chart of the 2023 season. For anyone who has been listening to head coach Mike Tomlin about the initial depth chart in years past, Steelers fans shouldn’t put too much stock into this list at this time. But, it is a starting point and does give an indication as to what the team was expecting for the 2023 season.
While names on this list are bound to change over the course of the Steelers three preseason games, here are the players listed as the starters on offense, defense, and special teams with some additional notes given below.
To see the official Steelers depth chart, click HERE.
WR — Diontae Johnson
LT — Dan Moore Jr.
LG — Isaac Seumalo
C — Mason Cole
RG — James Daniels
RT — Chuks Okorafor
TE — Pat Freiermuth
WR — Allen Robinson
WR — George Pickens
RB — Najee Harris
FB — Connor Heyward
QB — Kenny Pickett
- Rookie Broderick Jones is listed as the second team left tackle, as expected.
- Connor Heyward finds himself on the depth chart twice. Both as a fullback and as the 3rd tight end.
- Speaking of full backs, Kendrick Green was not listed on the depth chart at the position.
- Anthony McFarland is the leader in the clubhouse for the RB3 spot on the depth chart.
- Miles Boykin, Calvin Austin III, and Hakeem Butler occupy the top three back-up receiver spots. Cody White and Gunner Olszewski find themselves on the outside looking in at this juncture.
DT — Cameron Heyward
NT — Montravius Adams
DT — Larry Ogunjobi
LOLB — T.J. Watt
LILB — Cole Holcomb
RILB — Elandon Roberts
ROLB — Alex Highsmith
LCB — Levi Wallace
RCB — Patrick Peterson
FS — Minkah Fitzpatrick
SS — Damontae Kazee/ Keanu Neal
NICKEL — Chandon Sullivan
- Montravius Adams is followed by Breiden Fehoko and Keeanu Benton on the nose tackle depth chart.
- Elijah Riley finds himself behind Chandon Sullivan for the starting slot cornerback role.
- The Steelers used an “OR” when talking about the strong safety position. It’s Damontae Kazee or Keanu Neal in that role.
- Tanner Muse is listed on the ILB depth chart, whereas Miles Killebrew is listed on the safety depth chart.
- Cole Holcomb and Elandron Roberts are the top two on the ILB depth chart, with Mark Robinson and Kwon Alexander behind them at their respective positions.
Special Teams Starters
LS — Christian Kuntz
K — Chris Boswell
P — Pressley Harvin III
KR/PR — Calvin Austin III
Special Teams Notables:
- Gunner Olszewski is listed as the second KR/PR followed by Jordan Byrd.
Be sure to stay tuned to Steel Curtain Network for the latest news and notes surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers as they press on through training camp and prepare for the 2023 regular season.
For more on the Steelers initial depth chart for the 2023 season, check out the Breaking News podcast below: