Friday Night Steelers Six Pack: Baby Let’s Go to Vegas Edition
The Steelers managed to pull their record even at 1-1 on Monday night while getting an important win in the division. The offense still has a long way to go, but the defense bailed them out this time with splash plays while still having consistency problems of their own. The biggest question is how much the Steelers can improve in less than a week as they travel to Las Vegas to play the Raiders.
I forgot last time to mention the rules: state your beverage, what’s on the menu, and what you might be listening to if you are willing to share. I can be kind of boring when it comes to these things as my only beverages are usually water or coffee with the occasional treat of a Chick-fil-a sweet tea which just happens to be on the menu tonight. And as for music, I barely have enough time to listen to SCN podcasts let alone music (although my daughter and I got on an Imagine Dragons kick earlier this week).
Let’s get to the questions!!
1. George Pickens had career highs in receiving yards (127) and targets (10) in Week 2. Which one of these two categories do you think he will set a new high first?
2. While all three play a factor in the Steelers struggles to run the football, which do you think is the BIGGEST factor through two weeks when it comes to the Steelers rushing woes?
- The runner
3. I’ve seen some pretty bone-headed plays before, and Gunner Olszewski toe-tapping in bounds to catch a kickoff at the 9-yard line is up there fairly high. What’s the biggest bone-headed play from a Steelers game you can remember?
4. Breiden Fehoko was just added to the Steelers 53-man roster this week. This brings the Steelers defensive linemen back up to 7 players. Assuming there are only 6 active on game day, who would you have inactive this week against the Raiders and what is your reasoning? As a reminder, here are the current defensive linemen on the 53-man roster:
- Montravius Adams
- Keeanu Benton
- Breiden Fehoko
- DeMarvin Leal
- Isaiahh Loudermilk
- Larry Ogunjobi
- Armon Watts
5. The Steelers have 9 sacks through 2 games in 2023 which has them tied for 3rd behind Washington and Dallas who are tied with 10. Las Vegas has not given up a sack yet this season. Knowing both of these factors, how many sacks do you think the Steelers will have Sunday night?
6. This is the Steelers first time traveling to play in Las Vegas. Have you ever been to Vegas? What are your overall thoughts from your time there? If you haven’t been, would you like to go?
Thanks, and HERE WE GO STEELERS!